Get Organized for Holiday Air Travel
December 6, 2010
Recently, I provided some tips on how to pack for holiday travel. If your future travels include air travel, there are some specific things you want to consider before take-off:
- Book Early – Have more choices and save money by booking your flight early.
- Be Flexible! – If you can be flexible, you can avoid some of the crowds and fly for less.
- Pack Audio Books – If you have a MP3 player, download an audio book or some new music to listen to on the flight.
- Use Gift Bags – If you are taking gifts, consider using gift bags in case security personnel need to check the contents. Some other options are to wait to wrap your gifts until you arrive at your destination, order online and ship directly to your destination, or ship your gifts before you leave.
- Arrive Early – There is enough stress already – allow yourself extra time to get to the airport, get through security, and find your gate.
- Check liquids – Put any liquids you need in your checked baggage. If you need something with you in your carry-on, make sure that it is in a 3oz. or smaller container.
- Pack Snacks – Save money by packing snacks, but remember – you cannot take beverages through security.
- Provide Activities for the Kids – Have each child pack a small bag with activities and snacks.
Being well-prepared for your flight will reduce your stress and ensure your family memories will be the best they can be.
– Donna Lindley, Certified Professional Organizer and owner of Rochester Hills, MI-based Organize Your World, Inc.
Check out our selection of travel organizers.
For more storage & organization ideas visit Organize-It.