Make Moving Easy with Furniture Templates
January 12, 2016
Whether you plan on buying a home in the new year, treating yourself to new furniture or simply moving once again at the end of your lease, I have something that is going to make your life much easier. As a habitual renter in a metropolitan area, I know the grief of trying to fit your furniture into a new space. Similarly, as my parents continue to pawn off furniture on me, I know how tricky it can be to add new pieces to an already existing decor. As I check the real estate listings for a new place to call home this year, I have no fear that I will be able to fit my furniture in a convenient — and attractive — way, no matter where I end up. That’s because I have these awesome Plan A Space furniture templates.
These helpful paper templates are available in different collections — bedroom, dining room, nursery, living room, office, home theater, patio and even photo frames — that will help you organize your entire home. The life-sized templates are made from heavy weight paper that is easy to trim to size, but will not tear during use.
They come packed in a durable plastic tube, too, so you can store them for re-use. As I view different rentals, I can bring along some of these templates to ensure my furniture will fit in certain spaces. I have been doing this for my bed and living room couches; I want to make sure — before I even express interest — that my king size mattress and two couches won’t over burden the spaces.
Each pack features multiple pieces, so you can plan out the whole room before moving a single piece of furniture; You’ll be surprised at how much easier it is than constantly rearranging heavy items. These templates save your floors from scratches or scuffs, but they also save your back and joints from the stress of excessive lifting.
Each template is marked with common sizes of each piece of furniture as well, taking the guess work out of re-sizing them to match your pieces; The paper pieces can be cut of folded.
So far, I have had great success with these layout templates. I have weeded out some rentals with tiny bedrooms and I am already planning some positive feng shui to implement in my new living space.
Here is a break down of each set and what they include:
- (1) King Bed: 84 by 90 inches.
- (1) Queen Bed: 66 by 90 inches.
- (1) Full Bed: 60 by 83 inches.
- (1) Twin Bed: 45 by 83 inches.
- (2) Night Stand: 48 by 30 inches.
- (2) Chairs: 42 by 42 inches.
- (1) Chest/Dresser: 72 by 30 inches.
- Living Room:
- (2) Sofa/Love seat: 96 by 42 inches.
- (1) Left Arm Sectional: 96 by 42 inches.
- (1) Right Arm Sectional: 96 by 42 inches.
- (1) Sectional Corner: 42 by 42 inches.
- (2) Chairs: 48 by 48 inches.
- (1) Rectangular Cocktail/End Table: 60 by 36 inches.
- (3) Square Cocktail/Ottoman: 48 by 48 inches.
- (3) Round Cocktail/Ottoman: 48 by 48 inches.
- Dining Room:
- (1) China cabinet and server: 22 inches by 80 inches.
- (1) Round dining table: 48 – 84 inches in diameter.
- (1) Rectangular dining table: 48 inches to 102 inches.
- (8) Dining room chairs: 27 inches by 27 inches.
- Picture Hanging:
- (3) 14-1/2 inches by 17-1/2 inches.
- (2) 11-1/2 inches by 13-1/2 inches.
- (2) 10-1/2 inches by 10-1/2 inches.
- (1) 9-1/4 inches by 18-1/4 inches – Horizontal.
- (2) 9-1/4 inches by 18-1/4 inches – Vertical.
- (2) 24 inches by 18 inches.
- (1) 9-1/2 inches by 15-1/2 inches.
- (2) 10-3/4 inches by 14 inches.
- (1) 14 inches by 14 inches.
- (1) Changing table: 56 inches wide by 22 inches deep.
- (1) Chest: 42 inches wide by 22 inches deep.
- (1) Crib: 60 inches wide by 32 inches deep.
- (1) Rocker: 32 inches wide by 28 inches deep.
- (1) Bassinet: 33 inches wide by 19 inches deep.
- (1) Credenza/Hutch: 72 by 22 inches.
- (1) Executive/Standard Desk: 72 by 42 inches.
- (10 Desk Return: 60 by 30 inches.
- (2) File Cabinet/Book Case: 72 by 30 inches.
- (3) Desk/Guest Chair: 27 by 27 inches.
- Home theater:
- (1) Flat screen television: 70 inches by 40 inches.
- (2) Left arm chair: 42 inches by 30 inches.
- (2) Right arm chair: 42 inches by 30 inches.
- (4) Armless chair: 42 inches by 26 inches.
- (4) Straight arms: 8 inches by 42 inches.
- (4) Slanted arms: 8 front by 12 back by 42 inches long.
- (2) Love seat/sofa: 84 by 38 inches.
- (2) Chaise loungers (each printed over two sheets): 84 by 38 inches.
- (2) Round dining/side table: 48 inches in diameter.
- (1) Square dining/cocktail table: 48 by 48 inches.
- (2) Lounge chairs: 42 by 42 inches.
- (8) Bar stools: 21 inches in diameter.
- (4) Dining chairs: 27 by 27 inches.
- (4) Square cocktail/end tables: 27 by 27 inches.
- (1) Rectangular cocktail/end table: 60 by 36 inches.
The best in Christmas tree storage
December 31, 2015
The perfect Christmas tree makes the whole house feel different. The festive evergreen, artificial or fresh, transforms your home into a cozy, holiday wonderland. If you do use an artificial tree, it is especially important to consider your Christmas tree storage options. To re-instill that magical feeling in your family and yourself, you need to make sure the tree is protected and preserved all year round. The right storage makes a huge difference, so choose wisely.
Here are some of our favorite products:
- Rolling Christmas Tree Storage Bag: This large duffel on wheels makes it super simple to put up the tree each year. With over 17 cubic feet of storage capacity made to accommodate any disassembled artificial tree, this bag is crafted from heavy duty polyester with PVC for reinforcement. Three ball bearing wheels make it easy to lean the entire bag upright and wheel it in and out of storage. Side handles make transportation a cinch, too.
- Expandable Rolling Christmas Tree Storage Bag: Similar to the first, this tree keeper is a duffel bag, but it expands from 40 to 59 inches. This bag accommodates trees that are up to 9 ft tall. This bag is on wheels, has a protective plastic bottom and is safe from mold, mildew as well as dust.
- Christmas Tree Storage Bag with Stand: Take all the time and work out of Christmas tree storage with this upright option. Keep the tree intact — lights, bulbs and all. Simply attach this cover to the included rolling stand and cover it all at once. This way you can store the tree exactly how you like it. This not only cuts down on the work every year, but it eliminates the need to pack away decorations in storage totes. One and done!
- Rolling Artificial Christmas Tree Stand: If you already have a bag or bin you love, you can still add to your arsenal and make storage easier. This rolling tree stand allows you to keep your tree decorated or at least in one piece when you store it. You can easily move the tree around the house or get into storage without lifting.
- GreensKeeper Tree Storage Bag – Large: Thinking big? This over-sized bag has padded handles, wheels and a reinforced inside to keep your artificial tree protected from the elements. Inside straps hold the tree securely in place. This bag even accommodates tress up to 10 or 12 in height!